Wednesday, July 15, 2009

simply put

"SIMPLE" is a word that seems to define me. Pretty much every aspect of my life, really. I enjoy lazy mornings at home, relaxing evenings with a few close friends or family, outings with the four of us rather than a large group...simple! I enjoy cooking, but I don't enjoy spending hours in the kitchen, so i keep it simple. Well, unless it is a special occasion!
I think that is why Summer-time fits me so well. Everything about it feels simple. No rolling the kids out of bed much earlier than they would like in order to rush off to the day of activities. Instead, they can wake up slowly (even past 8, if we're lucky) and eat breakfast in their jammies before the thought of plans or schedules enter our heads. If our evening adventures run later than usual, that's ok because it's summer! If I have procrastinated with dinner prep (not that I would EVER do that!), it's ok because there are always hot dogs. Somehow, hot dogs seem more appropriate in the summer! Looking at the calendar would lead you to believe we have not been doing much of anything lately. Not the case. Sometimes an empty calendar leads to busier days I have found! We are just enjoying the simple days of summer and loving it!

And although a 16 hour car ride with my in-laws and my cuties doesn't sound very "simple," I am living for the 10 day visit with family. Enjoy simple evenings with my folks over a cup of coffee. Simple afternoons with my sister while our 4 kiddos run through sprinklers and dig in sand. Not-so simple graduation parties for "little" cousins I once held while sleeping, and are now headed to college. Simple cups of coffee at Jitter's with old friends. Simply enjoying the company of people we love and making more lasting memories!

1 comments:

Wen said...

I long for those days! Our days are so filled with appointments these days - those simple days are extra special when they come! Anxious to hear what you decide about the job - keep us all posted! Love you and be sure to tell Ma and Pa HI for me!! Miss those trips to NY! :)