For the record, I've been sucked in again to this season of The Bachelorette. I can't say it took a lot of convincing as I was routing for Jillian in the last season. I wish we were friends. I would love to sit on the couch with her tonight and have a good heart to heart. If you browse other blogs of Bachelorette-watching-fans, I'm sure you will see lots of nasty comments about her final selections of the night. Many will be angry that she chose Wes over any of her other options. Some will attack her personhood and question her character. I'm in a different place with it.
I guess it's hard to see her side of things unless you've been there. Not on the show itself (although at a different time and in a different body I may have been easily convinced), but more specifically...stuck in a relationship like the one she has with Wes. He has reminded me of someone from the first night. The deception, the body language, the manipulation. I would love to sit and share true concern of where things could end up and the many ways she WILL be hurt if she keeps him around. But you see, even her closest friend wouldn't be able to "tell" her anything right now. She is totally sold on the fantasy he has created for her. Totally trusting of the person he is pretending to be and the promises he is guaranteed to fall short on. Sadly, she has to learn the hard way...like I did.
I relate to her. We're both stubborn and strong. We want so desperately for our greatest dreams to come true...at almost any cost. The difference between us is that I have already learned the lesson she is living. Sometimes the most convincing and seemingly honest people are the ones who lie the best. My heart broke for her tonight as I could see the uncertainty and distrust in her eyes, yet know all to well that feeling of wanting to prove it all wrong. Hopefully she'll learn the lesson much faster than I did 11 years ago.
I'm going to bed tonight SO thankful.. Thankful for the lessons I have learned. Thankful for the healing that comes from a Heavenly Father who never lies or manipulates. Thankful that the patience of God was (and IS) strong enough to outlast my stubbornness. Mostly, thankful for the blessing of a genuine man who loves me unconditionally.
In totally random topics of the show...
*I don't get what is with her and those HUGE earrings.
*I like Ed, but don't think he should have ever been allowed to come back
*I chose Kiptyn the first night, which almost always seems to put a curse on the person as I've ever only once chosen the winner...Ryan! Maybe that means I have a good sense of it since Ryan and Trista are the only couple still together?
*POOR little Michael...he was heartbroken!
*I wonder if "Laurel" is playing along with all of this and truly believes Wes loves her?


3 comments:
Great thoughts for sure! I totally agree with you. She will have to find teh truth for herself. I like Reid, Kipyton, and Ed. I think Wes will be gone by next week and I can't wait to hear what he says. I also can't wait for her reaction when she sees the show and what he says.
I cried some man tears today, and can proudly say I did. How I thank God for who you are. For the healing in your heart, in our relationship and so many other ways. God is good. As the tv was on in the background last night, I said to your Mom, doesn't this all sound familiar? The past experiences all came back, and I said "We know this Wes." You have endured and in the ashes the Lord healed and lifted you up to the wonderful mother and wife you are today. Our thanks and love to Mike for accepting you unconditionally and treating you with the respect a woman deserves. We love you.
Well said!
Post a Comment