Despite the rainy day outside and my otherwise grumpy mood this week, we are in celebration mode today! It is Michael's birthday...and we love birthdays in our house! 
With his work schedule, he won't be home for our usual family dinner and celebration tonight, so we planned a special breakfast celebration. As you can see, the boys in our family both had to be awakened in order to partake in the festivities!!
As we were preparing last night, Paige's excitement was contagious! She has such a heart for people and wants everything to be so special...but this was for her DADDY!! You can see the pride in her face as she explains the card she made for him...
I love the joy of children...it comes so easily, naturally and it is so genuine! The celebrations will continue into the weekend. We can't waste a great reason to celebrate! Happy Birthday, Mike!
I mentioned my grumpy mood...please pray for me! Tomorrow is Rebecca's (or Audrey's...depending on how you refer to her) Birthday. I wish I could say that all the healing I have experienced in the 11 years since her birth means there is no pain or sadness on this day, but that would not be true. I will say that the sadness has decreased in time and the amount of joy increases as I see her young life developing into an amazing person! I am usually quite fine...as long as I receive my letter and pictures in time. As of right now, those have yet to arrive which makes my heart heavy. I long to see her each and every day, but getting those pictures each year is what gets me through. Pray I will be comforted by the knowledge of her happiness until they arrive!


5 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOCK VEELAY! You know we're thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow and everyday until the letter arrives. Can't believe it's been 10 years since you were receiving them every 3 months in the student center... how far you've come! Love you!
Happy Bday Mike!
Elissa, I've been thinking of you! I have Audrey's birthdday in my planner and on my frig. I will be thinking of you and praying all day tomorrow! I pray the pictures come! Love you!
Happy Birthday to Mike! I hope you get the pictures today.
Hi Sweetheart,
I've been praying for you all day. My heart hurts for you so very much. After I hung up last night, having heard you say that Audrey's pictures had not arrived, I wept and wept. Being Audrey's 'Bammy,' I yearn to meet her, but nowhere, nowhere near the yearning that is in your precious heart, Liss, I'm certain. I hope that you will bring at least one or two of the pics with you when you come north this summer, as I, too, am anxious to see how she is growing and developing.
The joy on Mike's face when he was reading Paige's card is so very, very telling! It's extremely evident that he is so thrilled to be her 'Daddy' and her face says that,"I'm thrilled you are my Daddy." As you have experienced, Liss, it is pure joy to be a Mommmy and to have a husband who loves Jesus! Praise HIs Name!
Wow, Elissa! I just read your comment on my adoption story post, and now I know why it was on my heart to write that post. I am glad that it gave you encouragement. That is so neat that you just happened to read it that day. I will keep you in my prayers that you and your daughter will have a relationship one day. I hope you receive your package soon.
Kristin
Post a Comment