I remember when Paige was about a year and a half old and we started to realize that she was copying us. She would repeat words we said, mimic our body language, etc. Needless to say, it hasn't ended. Sometimes it comes in less obvious scenarios than we expect. With the weather being so nice the past week, I've been spending time in the afternoon sitting out back in the sun. Apparently, Paige is paying more attention than I realize...
I laughed when I found her sitting this way...first because I knew without asking what she was doing and second because she was in the SHADE! I always love her explanations, so I asked anyhow. She responded, "I'm relaxing in the sun like you, Mommy!" I was quickly reminded that my actions often speak much louder than my words...even when I don't realize I've done something. These little people soak up everything around them and it impacts them...no matter how seemingly insignificant it seems. How much more do they take in the BIG stuff...I pray every day that I am speaking, acting and behaving in a way my children will do well to imitate. Because now, there are two monkeys watching...
12 years ago


1 comments:
oh, seriously...the two of them together is just precious. he so obviously...even just from the pictures...loves her so. xoxo
Post a Comment