Friday, October 3, 2008

As the clock ticks...

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly circumstances can change in a day. Here are a few pictures of Nathan coloring while Paige was at school. I L-O-V-E Crayola!! This child eats crayons, markers, playdough...until we introduced the new TWISTABLE crayons!!! If you don't own them...go right now and buy a pack!!! They are so worth the money!

I was anxious about his appointment with the doctor yesterday to look at the "lump" on his face that has quickly developed the last few weeks. The doctor quickly said he believes it is a "hemangioma," (which is just a fancy word for blood vessel, from what I can tell) and will need to be removed by a dermatologist.
This picture was taken last weekend and the "boo-boo" as we call it at home has grown considerably since then. So we left waiting for the referral to go through. Last night Mike went to check on the kids at 9, only to find Nathan sound asleep and covered in his own blood. It had ruptured! There was blood everywhere and it took us an hour and a half to get the blood to stop flowing. It has since ruptured two more times today. I am assuming this will continue to happen until we get the referral and have it removed. Which may take a while since my doctor has not returned my frantic message from 10 this morning. Ugh!!! I am not a big fan of blood...I never considered the medical field for that reason and when it comes to my own children, blood TERRIFIES me!!! Not to mention the amount and rate of flow. I will spare you the pictures from last night and him the embarrassment...he looked like he just finished 5 rounds in the ring with the WWF men! So the clock continues to tick and we continue to wait! I am optimistic that once this is removed, he will be fine and this will be a bad dream! Our little warrior is fighting...again!!!

1 comments:

Kelly Hutcheson said...

My daughter has a hermangioma on her face as well, but it hasn't burst (thank goodness). Did the dr. call you back and what is the next step? My dr. said it will go away on its own in time (by age 5ish), but I dont believe him. ha ha Let me know what you've learned. I can't imagine how scared you must've been seeing all that blood!! Yipes!!
You can email me at
Kelster5@aol.com
Kelle's Friend, Kelly Hutcheson