Friday, September 5, 2008

Living our new reality

So, one new aspect of our geographic location...HURRICANES!!! Not something I put a lot of thought into when considering the move. Well, with one in process and two more in sight, we are quickly being "hazed" into the new sorority of "Life on the Coastline!"

I ran to the grocery store this morning for a few items. I left terrified!! They have literally boarded up the glass windows of the store, were placing heavy tarps over the refrigerated sections, had removed all the produce to boxes in the rear of the store and were in the process of removing the "cart returns" that are in the parking lot. That is when I realized that I have NO IDEA what we are in for. The rain has begun...LOTS of it! The winds are soon to follow. I'm thankful that of all nights, this will be Mike's first night home in weeks as he has finally completed his time at the night job. I couldn't do this alone all night!! We'll keep you posted!

I have to share some pictures of Nathan. Lately, he has been LOVING books! Often, it will be eerily quiet and I will have that gut feeling that I need to locate him...and fast! More times than not, he is hiding somewhere reading a book.

This day, he had removed all of the cushions from the couch and made himself at home...with the help of his big sister, I'm sure!

Some days he sneaks into Paige's room and quietly reads her books...until she discovers him and starts screaming for him to get out!

When he's REALLY feeling confident, he will actually climb into Paige's bed to read books....BUSTED, BUBBA!!!! I am actually quite thankful he has finally taken an interest in books...even if they are princess books that he reads on his sister's pink princess bed. There was a long stretch of time that he would not look at a book, much less sit and listen to one read. Now, he would do it all day long...as long as there is some level of risk involved.

1 comments:

Kelle said...

Welcome to Hurricane World! You'll get used to it...we laugh now at the "scaredy cats" that board up their houses and get out of dodge when there's even mention of a tropical storm brewing just a mile out of Africa. But yes...it is nerve racking when they get closer and closer and you really do worry. But, no school! Love the book pics...he is a sweetie!