Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First day of Preschool

It is now official...we have a preschooler! Paige woke up today, running into our room, "Mama, Mama...is today the day I finally go to school?" It was then that I was convinced that my visions of this day, with a sobbing little girl clinging to my leg begging me not to leave her, were not going to become a reality. And I was thankful!

We started the day with whatever she wanted for breakfast. Not a big surprise that she would choose "Lucky Charms." If you notice, there are not many "charms" in the bowl...she tends to eat them first and then refuse the rest. Hence the reason it is only offered once in a while!
We then got our backpack (compliments and thanks to Emma B.) and were out the door. Not too late for a few photos though...

We picked up Nanny on the way so she could help with Nathan. The church where her school is had a massive fire a few years ago and had to rebuild. So, they turned their old parsonage into the 4 year old Preschool. The entire front section of the house was turned into what is Paige's classroom. There is another 4 year old classroom in the back of the house. It gives it a nice "playdate" feel to enter a house.
Just as I had thought...we got to the door and she went right in...didn't even ask for a hug goodbye.

Another reason for Nanny to come along was for pure distraction for Mama. So myself, Nate and Nanny met Aunt Lisa and cousin Jack for breakfast.

When I picked her up, it was all smiles! They did a "Hungry Little Caterpillar" project and got to play with the bean table. Not only was she so happy, but Mama didn't even need her tissues!

Paige,
It is still so hard for me to believe that you are old enough to go to preschool. Although my heart is torn between wanting to see you grow and learn, along with wanting to hold you back and keep you little, I am so proud of you! This has been a long summer with a lot of changes and new things and you have taken it all in stride and kept smiling. I am proud of your desire to learn new things, to make new friends and to simply want something to do that is ALL yours! You are becoming such a special young lady and we love you to the moon and back!! Mama and Daddy

2 comments:

Wen said...

Wow Elissa - I'm proud of you for no tears! And Paige too of course! The first day of preschool! How exciting!

Anonymous said...

Good job Paige! (and Mom)

Morgan started pre-school this week too. She loves it so far 3 mornings a week...tough stuff for a 2.5 year old. See you soon!