Recently, Paige has become obsessed with "packing" things. She takes all of her little toys and trinkets and finds a box or a bag or anything she can "pack" it in. We don't know if this is a result of the move, or just her organizational skills taking over. She loves to sort and store. Last night we were reminded of this...
It had been a while since I had remembered seeing my cell phone. We thought back and recalled that Paige had been taking pictures on it while riding home the other night. I knew that meant it had to be somewhere in our possession. After 3 separate searches of the car (literally emptying out car seats and floor mats to make sure), an entire search of the laundry baskets, diaper bags, drawers, etc...we had almost lost hope. I was so frustrated because I knew it HAD to be in this house. Finally at midnight after a few hours of searching, I said, "Maybe Paige packed it somewhere while we were driving home." You can obviously tell where this is heading. I went in her room and started looking around. I quickly remembered that she was given a new "Tinkerbell" box that night and wondered if it was in there. Sure enough...found the box, opened it and saw my cell phone with no battery waiting for me. Sometimes the most frustrating things are so obvious if we simply stop and focus!! I now know that whenever anything is "missing" in our home, I will start the search in Paige's bedroom!!
12 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment