I've got some catching up to do with pictures, so bear with me! This will be solely for Paige. We had quite the celebrations...three to be exact. Her birthday was on Saturday, June 7. She woke up to her presents waiting for her and you would have thought it was Christmas morning! Here she is with her new Barbie skates!
Our friend, Ryan, had just come home from Afghanistan for a 2 week leave and invited us to their home that night. We wanted to spend time with them, so we included that in the festivities. After opening all of her presents, we packed the car and drove to the Buffalo Zoo. Going to the zoo was at the top of her list for the day!
Although I would not recommend making a special trip as most exhibits are under construction, she is 4 and loved it all the same!! We then headed over to our friends' house and spent the remainder of the day and evening. SO great to see them and watch the kids play. Thanks for the candles and cake...it made Paige feel so special! You guys are ALWAYS in our prayers!!!Paige was very excited about having a "KIDS PARTY" this year. She wanted a Princess party. The funny part is that the majority of her friends are boys, but again, they are 4 so they played along well!
What party is complete without a pinata? Thankfully, the strings cooperated and each child had at least 2 turns to pull on them before it finally broke open!
They even were willing to pose for a group shot. From left to right...Cameron (he belongs to my friend, Kara, who watches my kids and goes to Sunday School with Paige), Charlie (friend from church), Meghan (my beautiful niece and Paige's best friend in the world), Allie (friend from church), Zach (my adorable nephew and Paige's other best friend in the world). It was such a fun morning! Paige will miss these guys so much! 

By far the hit of the night was the "Barbie Princess" dress she received from my Aunt Joyce and Uncle Dave. She loves to play dress-up, but I don't buy the really nice dresses. I'm not sure if she's taken it off YET!!! Here, she and Meg were playing Princesses together...and that they are!
Paige, I love you more than I can express. I love your genuine smile, your concern for people, your hugs, your spunkiness. I even love your stubbornness, because it proves you are my daughter! You are such an incredible little girl and I am so blessed to be your Mama! I can't wait to see what adventures await you during this next year. I love you, Girlie!


3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAIGE!! Love the pics. She's all girl, isn't she?! Her hair is gorgeous!!! xoxo from Naples!
Elissa, did you have to do anything different to your blogspot? It looks like it will let me comment now. I have so enjoyed all your pictures and stories...I hope they continue from S. Carolina. Best of luck to all of you with this new transition, but know that you remain here, too, in our thoughts and prayers!
~Mary Kennedy
I remembered you mentioning you had tried to comment before, so I just changed to allow for anonymous comments. My blogs will hopefully increase so friends and family can stay connected across the miles. We appreciate those prayers and will visit NY much!!!
Post a Comment