We had a great family celebration for Father's Day! We spent the majority of the day at home PACKING, but then went to my sisters for dinner with the family. Sad that it takes a "Hallmark" holiday to really acknowledge the role dad's have in their kids lives. I appreciate my dad SO much and have always been a huge fan of him. It was a little bitter-sweet this year as we celebrated, trying to ignore the reality that these family gatherings will be much fewer in years to come. Now that Michael is a dad...Father's Day means even more! I know I am biased, but my kids won the lotto with their Daddy! When I think back to the days of wondering what it would be like to see Michael as a father, I NEVER imagined it being so good! We approach our kids differently and have unique relationships with each of them, but he loves these kids more than anything in the world and will drop anything to simply spend time with them. Maybe he doesn't apply sunscreen as frequently as I would like or when we decide to go for a family "walk" he really means a family "HIKE," returning home 2 hours later. But to see them interact helps those silly frustrations fade away! Their faces beam when he walks in the door each night and it is clear that they know how much he loves them. I am so glad I found him and he chose me...and God gave us these amazing kids! Michael, thanks for being the father I always hoped my kids would have!! I love you even more when I see you loving our kids!
Nice shot, Nate!! Do you see the ball in the net? A pro in the making! And Daddy is quite proud! 
Boppa and Bammy with their grandchildren! They aren't too proud, huh?
Paige and Zach decided they would make "silly" faces...I think I need to work on word definitions with my daughter...that face is SCARY, not SILLY!
I don't want to exclude my father-in-law! Although we didn't see him on Father's Day, we celebrated him, too! I am thankful for his love for his kids...Michael wouldn't be who he is without his parents. We are so blessed to each have Father's who love us deeply and possibly love our kids even more! We love you, both!
Side note...I have NO idea what is going on with my blog! I attempted to change the template and that attempt failed. But not just that, it messed things up and it won't let me change the layout. The colors and settings are all messed up. Once I have time I will figure it out!


1 comments:
YAY! New post! Father's Day really is special...love to see daddies interacting with their babies! Glad yours was special! Love Paige's scary face!
Post a Comment