Tuesday, May 6, 2008

PENDING!!!

What a word that is! I've found myself in this state of "pending" before. Choosing a college, deciding a major, waiting (&WAITING) for Michael to propose, determining a job after graduate school, looking for our first home, deciding when to start our family, anticipating the arrival of each of our kids, struggling through some "yucky" stuff at church to see where the Lord would lead us, and now here I am...Pending again!
Here are a few definitions...
*In the period before the decision or conclusion
*Awaiting decision
*Remaining undecided
It seems to fit a lot of where I am right now with life things. Our house is officially Sale "PENDING!" We accepted an amazing offer last night and now we wait for the details to fall into place. We are hopeful the inspection will go well and there will no longer be a state of indecision. Our future plans are "pending" decision. Will Michael obtain certification quickly and get a job, or will we work towards it a while? Will we truly settle in Myrtle Beach, or will it be a short-term stint? Will I finally be able to stay at home with my kids, or will I work a little while longer? Lots of things are "pending" for us right now. That is not always a comfortable place to be. Yet, does growth usually happen when we are comfortable? We are being forced to face some big things right now and take steps we wouldn't take if we were comfortable with the way life was going. In some respects, our lives are lived in that state of "pending," would you agree? None of us know exactly what tomorrow will bring. We wait for the new day to start and see what the challenges are. So many emotions right now. All I know is that being in this state of "pending" is forcing me to seek the Lord more and trust Him more. And I am so thankful I get to go through this "pending" stage of life with Michael. There is no other person I would choose to walk these uncharted roads with. I know we will come out on the other end better individuals and stronger partners for each other! I can't wait to see what the Lord will do in us!!!

0 comments: