Monday, March 10, 2008

Fooled ya!

I bet you all thought I had my 5th snow day last Wednesday. NOT SO!!!! But I was blessed with an extra day home. Our sitter's son was home sick, so I was "FORCED" to take a day off and stay home with my kids. We had a great day...one that started a long stint of being inside! We had over 16 inches of snow in just over 24 hours. YIKES! Many people were probably loving that, but I on the other hand, do NOT enjoy the snow. Not at all to be honest. I like to see it on Christmas morning, but that is enough for the next 365 days. Actually, here is a funny story. I had my niece and nephew at my house a few weeks ago. Zach is 10 months older than Paige and they are becoming best friends! They were in Nate's room playing and I heard Zach say, "Maybe after lunch we can go outside and play in the snow." To which my observant all-remembering daughter responded, "We can only play in the snow when Daddy is home. My mommy doesn't like it." I had a twinge of guilt at that moment for depriving my children of great memories...but the moment vanished quickly and I justified my detest of snow by listing all the wonderful activities I do enjoy with my children. Daddy needs "special moments," right?

This is a picture from the city this past weekend. I love his bumper sticker..."BELIEVE!" He must...no hat on his head during one of the worst storms all year! I am holding on to BELIEVING that SPRING IS COMING!!!!!!

0 comments: