Monday, October 11, 2010

fiNdIng OuR grOovE

We are starting to get into a groove around here. By no means do we have a "schedule" or a true "routine" to our days, but definitely a groove has settled in. Paige has adjusted well to her second substitute teacher {official teacher to return next week!!!}, Nathan has found new ways to keep himself entertained during the day, Samantha is still not a fan of day-time naps but she sleeps like a champ at night and is so content. Did I mention she smiles? The biggest ones come when her big sister is present...the girl is so in love with her sister!We were brave enough to attempt a family outing this weekend. Paige has been begging to go to miniature golf for a while and since we finally had a break from the intense heat, we took the plunge. The kids seemed to enjoy climbing more than putting...Paige often resorting to her monkey interpretations. Other than a less-than-wonderful-course {there are about 200 mini-golf places within 20 miles}, we had a great time! Nate keeps asking when we will go back. He is near impossible to photograph these days...

While his big sister BEGS to have her picture taken and poses without direction...My heart has been heavy lately for the families I work with. I guess bringing Samantha home has been a fresh reminder of how fortunate Michael and I are to be able to have children. We don't have to plan it, we don't have to pay for medical interventions, we don't face the monthly emotional roller coaster of wondering if this will finally be the answer we've longed for.
I never want to take that gift, or the gift of our kids for granted. I am experiencing something for the 4th time that some people have yearned to know for years. I can't allow that to dampen the joy I have for my kids, yet it has been on my heart a lot and I have been more intentional to pray for my "waiting families."
This photo makes me want to chew on her cheeks......and don't get me started on her Gerber lips...or those sparkly eyes...or the red-tinted hair that is slowly growing around her face...or her button nose. Let's face it...I am totally in love with this precious wee one!
In other news...we went to the store at 7pm the other night and purchased this cake...a pumpkin cake...with black and purple "robot" sprinkles...HIS choice. ...any guesses what we we are celebrating?

0 comments: