Tuesday, September 28, 2010

changes and balance

It is hard to believe, but Samantha is 8 weeks old! I can't believe how fast time has gone...and how quickly she is changing. Her eyelashes seem to be growing by the minute...
The smiles are coming a lot more freely now and the dimples AMAZE me...
She is starting to interact a lot more and LOVES getting attention from the big kids...
There are also a lot of things that have remained consistent. Like how tightly I grasp each and every moment I can find with my 3 miracles. Or how impressed I am with my husband, who embraces the "stay-at-home-daddy" thing better than I ever imagined. I come home to laundry done, dinner on the table and kids who have been well loved all day. What a relief for my aching heart while I am away to know they are in great hands. And despite all the craziness that Paige has endured in her first 2 months of First grade, she has rocked it out like a champ. She has gotten perfect scores on every test so far and LOVES to do her homework and read extra books. Here's to hoping that continues. And in terms of consistency...her deep and obvious love for her baby sister continues to grow...I can't say that we have found a true "balance" to our new routine. And I have come to accept that balance may never be achieved. But I can say that the juggling act of getting through each day is getting easier and I am truly embracing the challenge...and dropping fewer balls in the act each day!

0 comments: