Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Season of change, yet again!

We have {whether we like it or not} entered yet another transition phase. I returned to work yesterday and thus begins our newest adventure...balancing a family of 5 with schoolwork for Paige, work hours for Mama, no sleep for the parents, energy of a 3 year old boy and a still un-scheduled newborn.
Other than a minor accident on my first day back {which allowed me to slip out of the office and spend 2 hours at home}, things are moving along. Paige LOVES school and insists on running to her room when she gets home to get her homework done. Here's to hoping that motivation lasts forever! Nathan {who I was most concerned about as he has now lost his playmate and his Mama during the day} has proven to be his laid back self and seems to be quite fine with the new routine. Other than exhausted, Daddy is doing well.
For me, this has been the easiest transition back to work for any of the kids. I thought it would be so much harder since I am working full time. The fact that I can leave in the morning without needing to rush the little ones and Samantha can stay in her jammies and nap in her own bed has been a huge help for my aching heart. Obviously knowing they are home with the only person in the world who loves them as much as I do helps, too! Needless to say, once I walk in the door my priority is my family, so there is little time for phone calls or anything else. I am embracing the fact that Samantha will never be this little again and am eating up every minute. It's hard to believe she is nearing 7 weeks old. I will try to keep updating here, but forgive me if it takes a back burner for a while. I am cherishing every minute I can grasp with my kiddos!

0 comments: