Friday, June 18, 2010

A GIRLS DAY!!

For Mother's Day, Michael bought manicures and pedicures for myself and Paige, Lisa and Emily and his Mom. I had mentioned that a pedicure was all I wanted this year, since I can't reach my toes anymore. What a great gift!Paige was SO excited!! She had gone with him to buy the gift certificates and she had such a hard time keeping the secret. A few times before Mother's Day she would say something like, "I have a secret that really wants to come out." But she was strong. Finally, on our drive to church on Mother's Day she begged Daddy to let her tell me the secret. She said, "Please can I tell her now Daddy because I am about to explode with this secret in my head." {She's been reading a bit too much Junie B. Jones lately} She excitedly told me about her plans for a "Girls Date"...and my heart melted. It took a few weeks for schedules to fall into place, but this past weekend we finally had our Girls Date!
It took Paige all of about 30 seconds to find the brightest pink in the salon. Emily went back and forth between a blue or an orange, and eventually settled on sparkling blue. Nanny had a hard time deciding. We took a vote on who thought Nanny should pick the green nail polish to match her shirt...Paige wasn't too sure of the whole thing at first...the big chairs intimidated her. But she inspected everything closely and eventually enjoyed herself. I love this face...she's trying so hard to pretend she isn't in heaven!

The girls had a fun time sitting with their hands and feet under the dryers, while the big girls sat in massage chairs, read celebrity magazines and enjoyed a few minutes of pampering. In the end, I'm not sure who became addicted faster...myself or my daughter, but I know we will be returning.

And just to be clear...my feet have doubled in size since this picture and the 100 degree temperatures...UGH!!!

I can't quite tell you how much I love that crazy girl! Or how fun it is to really do girl things together. She's spunky and fun and it makes everything a little more exciting to have her around!

0 comments: