Saturday, October 10, 2009

"Stop and smell the roses"

So I've been working on a post and had it mostly done...then decided to completely erase it and start fresh.

I'm struggling.

Struggling to find the balance between being genuine and just outright complaining.

Struggling to see the joy in every little thing despite my overwhelming frustration with our current "big picture."

Struggling to understand what is going on around me while juggling the pieces as they seem to be quickly falling to the ground all around me.

I know that God's plan are perfect and they don't usually match the plans I have crafted in my mind for our life.
"But the plans of the Lord stand firm FOREVER, the purposes of his heart through generations." Psalm 33:11

I know that it is not about me understanding why, but seeking Him for the how.
"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

Although I know these things, I'm struggling to know how to live it each and every day.
Struggling to trust Him fully.
Struggling with how to seek Him fervently.
Struggling to not fear the journey to see what He has at the end.
I need to find joy in Him and not allow the details of life to steal it away.

So, I've been trying to stop and smell the roses a bit more lately. Like the joy in my kids faces when they chase bubbles barefoot in the glorious sunshine...

Or Paige, who despite two gooey, itchy and swollen eyes from Pink Eye this past week, still wants to dance in the grass barefoot and enjoy the fresh air (btw...she chose her own outfit!)...

And Nathan, who can find the joy in just about anything. And when he does, he has the deepest most sincere belly laugh that can make any grumpy person smile. This week will be a true test of my ability to stop and smell the roses, I'm sure. We will have an answer about my potential job by Wednesday. But, with His help I will discover new joys in the simple every day gifts He gives me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liss,
I wish that I could be there in these days of struggling. . .and waiting. I am hugging you and praying with you!

Unknown said...

Hey Liss,
You know too well how computer illiterate I am. Please forgive me for being "anonymous" as I didn't know how to 'sign in.'