Tuesday, March 3, 2009

SPRING IS COMING...right??

I can't imagine what you Northerner's are experiencing this week in regards to weather! Typically at this time, we would be enjoying warm, sunny days with temps easily in the 70's. I try not to rub that in, but it has been SO COLD here lately and I almost forgot what it's like to be cold. Instead of complain, I'm holding on to the memories of this day just two weeks ago when I met a friend at the park and we enjoyed a beautiful afternoon together...Paige and Sydney have quite the connection. Sydney is actually only 2 months older than Nathan, but LOVES Paige. Sydney insisted on holding hands at all times and Paige insisted on using her "mommy" voice when they talked. It is so cute to watch them together. Both so girlie, both so loving and both so content to just be together!

Although at first glance this shot may look like two loving siblings sharing a ride on the slide...LOOK CLOSER...It's actually Paige shoving her brother down the slide. I was there and heard the interaction with my own ears, but if you look closely at Paige, you can probably hear it, too. As she was shoving, she yelled, "Nathan, GO-O-O-O!!!!" So...yes, SPRING IS COMING...along with sibling rivalry!!! Trying to embrace it all! The weatherman says it should be 78 this weekend...not sure I trust it yet, but I always have room for hope!

1 comments:

Sue said...

Sydney is adorable. She looks so very young, but then you did say that she's 2 months older than Nate, right? Is her Mom in your Bible study?

SPRING IS COMING? Elissa, how can you dare ask that question while you are sitting in your home in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and after having lived in western NY for all of your life up until last summer? Shame on you! ha ha ha I'm just kidding! However, as a western New Yorker, it is extremely difficult for me to understand how a South Carolinian can 'look forward' to Spring when it's spring/summer there all year long. As I just told my niece who lives about two hours away from you, I'm trying to figure out with whom I can stay for a few weeks at a time down there so that I can avoid next winter here in Rochester, NY