If you notice the ticker to the right, we are a few days away from Nathan's second birthday. With that comes a few exciting happenings. One of which is the arrival of birthday packages! Yesterday, one such package arrived from my parents. It so happened that the postman came while Nathan was napping. That is a good thing! I have learned the hard way about him seeing the gifts and trying to explain that he has to wait a few days...doesn't work! I was able to remove all of his wrapped boxes and hide them before he knew they had arrived! I thought I was way ahead of the game until I was on the phone with my sister while I was preparing dinner and heard LOTS of laughter and commotion. One point for remembering to hide the presents...
MINUS 10 points for forgetting that the empty box FULL of those lovely packaging peanuts was sitting in the living room simply begging little hands to savor the enjoyment they offered! Needless to say, it was too late and my sister reminded me that sometimes it's better to just let them have fun and worry about the mess later.
Oh, heavens did they have fun! They were swimming, skipping, throwing and rolling in them! I had to pry them away to eat dinner. I think I will be finding shredded packaging peanuts for months to come! But they had fun...and continue to ask when the next package will arrive. Knowing my folks, the next package will have 10x the amount of peanuts!
Eventually even the greatest fun can make you tired!!
MINUS 10 points for forgetting that the empty box FULL of those lovely packaging peanuts was sitting in the living room simply begging little hands to savor the enjoyment they offered! Needless to say, it was too late and my sister reminded me that sometimes it's better to just let them have fun and worry about the mess later.
Oh, heavens did they have fun! They were swimming, skipping, throwing and rolling in them! I had to pry them away to eat dinner. I think I will be finding shredded packaging peanuts for months to come! But they had fun...and continue to ask when the next package will arrive. Knowing my folks, the next package will have 10x the amount of peanuts!
Eventually even the greatest fun can make you tired!!

1 comments:
Hahahaha, love it! The packaging is often better than the gifts at that age! I will help clean it up next week, lol!
Post a Comment