What started off as a typical trip to the store turned into a fun memory re-invented! After school, Paige and I went grocery shopping. It was late by the time we finished, so I told her we could have a date to McDonalds...little did we know they were only open for drive-thru! When I told Paige she was a little sad, but quickly responded with, "Mama, we can take our food home and have a picnic in the garage?" Seems odd, right? Let me explain. When we were selling our house in NY, we had two appointments made to view the house during lunch time. On one particular day it was rainy and yucky, so what had been planned as a picnic lunch and a walk to the park ended up being a picnic in our garage! Apparently it made a good impression on Paige, because she recalled it quickly today and wouldn't settle for anything else. Maybe not my idea of a scenic restaurant, but we'll do pretty much anything around here to make memories! 
Then, after taking this picture and really looking...I was reminded of so many reasons why I love this little person...
***That dog! Given to us by my college roommate, Amanda before Paige was even born. Glad she knew enough about how important a "lovey" would be! She actually sent two and that little dog as seen and heard A LOT! Most pictures of Paige include "doggy" because he is almost like another member of the family!
***Her predictability! Even though I know what she will always order at McDonald's, I ask her every time just to hear the response! This girl is spunky! She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to tell you...and don't go trying to change the plans or routine!
***THAT SHIRT!!!! I joke with her that I'm going to take it during the night and burn it. She loves it!! Wears it at home at least twice a week and would wear if every day if we allowed her. It was given to her after her cousin Emma outgrew it. I started to battle with her this morning when she requested it. To me it makes sense...Halloween is over, the shirt is over. Not to her! Why battle over it? She wore it and was SO excited!!
***Her desire to simply be with people. It really doesn't matter if we are doing a craft, watching a show, reading a book, going shopping...she just LOVES to be with people!
***Her sensitivity. Although the Drama Queen visits frequently, I love that things get to her, that she has passion about things and wants her opinion to be heard. We'll keep working on the most productive way to express that, but I love that it's in her!!
***The way she loves us! She was talking to Michael when I took this picture...look at those eyes...she ADORES her Daddy!!!! She has no problem verbalizing her feelings or showing us with HUGE hugs how much she loves us! Wish I could bottle them up for the teenage years!
***Her memory! WOW!! Don't ever tell Paige you will do something unless you are 100% positive you can follow through! Paige can tell you where almost every toy came from...who gave it to her, what the occasion was, where she was when she got it, etc. Who knew that on that crazy day in NY, a frantic "garage picnic" (which by the way was not my great creative way of making her happy, but more like a last minute attempt to get the kids out of the house for 20 minutes while someone toured it...that someone now owns the house...wonder if he knows how special the garage is to us?) would stick with her so strongly to have the desire to recreate it today! She is just enough me that I understand her when others don't...just enough Mike that we can all laugh a little deeper...and just enough uniquely her to keep us on our toes and remind us that God has GREAT things in store for her!


1 comments:
Aw, poop. I just wrote a huge comment and then it got deleted! I think what I said was something like I love the personality she has and I want to kiss her cheeks. Yeah. It was something like that.
Post a Comment