I decided that since a new year is quickly approaching, it was time to make a few changes here, too! Nothing drastic...just enough to make me content with the difference.
2008 has been, to spare the details, a year of change for our family. We still find ourselves wondering exactly where the next road will take us, but overall, we are EMBRACING THE JOURNEY!!! I have tried to focus on that a lot the past 6 months...can you believe we have been here for half a year?? I always tried to encourage my adoptive families to enjoy their journey through adoption. For some it was quick and seemingly easy. For others, it took years of waiting, wondering, losing, trusting and hoping before their dream of a family became a reality to them. Kind of like life, right? Some people seem to get the easy ride, while others struggle endlessly. I encouraged my families to enjoy every day because it was part of their bigger story. I think we all need to do that with life. Someday, these few months will seem like moments and the questions and uncertainty may make more sense. Whatever the outcome, it is our journey...together as a family! So we take each day as it is, trust in our God who cares more for us than we can comprehend, love passionately and EMBRACE THE JOURNEY!!! That is my goal for 2009! No matter what it brings...joy, sadness, fun, loss, uncertainty, blessings (and it will have some of all of those no doubt!). I will embrace it...not just accept it...EMBRACE it! I will learn from it, grow from it, use the lessons to help me be a better wife and mom, seek my God more fervently and learn to truly appreciate every day that I am given! I don't believe in New Year's resolutions because it seems they are only made to be broken. So this is as close as I will come...committing to embrace my journey every day!
BTW...this song has become my newest obsession. The words speak to me so deeply and it represents where I am right now!
12 years ago


3 comments:
Well said, I am trying to do the same thing in my own life and you put it perfectly. Praying for you and the family and for all the many blessings God has in store for you in the new year!
We are kindred sisters in that journey!! Oh that it won't kill me, lol!
Truly inspiring...we should all live our lives this way!
Post a Comment