So, to be honest...I've been avoiding my blog this week. It has been a long week of disappointing news and setbacks. I have always said that even the most perfectly arranged plans are open to failure. We live on earth and nothing here is guaranteed. I apologize in advance for the slight hint of negativity tonight...it will be better next time!
JOBS...the good news is that Mike is currently working 2 jobs. The bad news is one starts at 9pm until 5am, and the other starts at 8am until 4:30pm. "When does he sleep?" you may be asking yourself. That's one of the bad parts. Truly, he doesn't. He worked 3 full nights and days in a row and was averaging 4 hours of sleep within a 24 hour period. He even slept for 2 hours in his car yesterday. Neither of these jobs are a "dream job," but they help pay the bills. He is trying to determine which one he will quit and weighing the pros and cons.
Meanwhile, the teaching idea becomes more frustrating each day. He paid for and took a 4 hour exam a few weeks ago. He got the results back and PASSED!!! The problem??? It was the wrong test. So, now there is no way he will be hired before school starts next week. He will take the correct exam on September 13.
PRESCHOOL...after waiting for 9 hours at our church in NY we were awarded a guaranteed slot in the class of our choice! Hooray!! Oh wait...we don't live in NY anymore. As I have been researching preschools it has been met with much disappointment. The first issue for me is that ALL preschools here are 5 days a week. I was mourning the idea of sending her three mornings a week and now I have to adjust to every morning. Due to the time of year, the good schools have waiting lists! My #1 choice has an open house Tuesday night and we will know for sure by Wednesday if she is accepted. I am REALLY praying this will fall into place. I don't need the best of the best, but I want it to be a good experience for her.
CHURCH...I'll just say, "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone!" I have a new respect for our home church and the perks we had there. Between friends, great programs for kids and THE AMAZING TEENS we worked with, it truly was a great place!!! We have now visited three churches here. I went to a new one today with the kids while Mike took a MUCH needed nap. We just aren't finding a place that feels like "home"...YET!!!
Needless to say, I am feeling like Satan is attacking us around every corner. I heard Casting Crowns, "Praise You In This Storm" last night and found myself singing along...LOUDLY!!! Here's the chorus...
12 years ago


1 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry things are yuk right now. We've got our own basket of "yuk" right now, and focusing on what we're blessed with always seems to make the "yuk" shrink. Poor Mike! He's such a hard worker who loves his family! praying for you guys...there's light at the end of the tunnel!
Post a Comment