Today's blog will be a quick venting session for me! Feel free to move on if you don't want to hear it. You all know that the past weeks (and months) have been rocky for Nathan as he has gone from one ailment to the next. The new year is proving to be nothing different. We took Nathan in last week to be looked at after a high fever and vomiting late one night. The doctor thought at that point it was teething. Over the weekend his congestion and breathing got much worse. On Monday we determined he has RSV. To me, not a big deal. Paige had it many times, and this is the second round for Nate. Asthma runs in the family, so we almost expect RSV at this age. We started breathing treatments that night, assuming it would immediately improve as it has in the past. Last night, after a day and a half of treatments, he was MUCH worse. I took him back in this morning and the doctor agreed that we are not getting anywhere. We started him on a round of steroids today in conjunction with the breathing treatments. We are hopeful we will see a drastic difference in him overnight. If not, we go back to the drawing table. My poor little man! He is such a content and happy guy and we usually have no idea when he is sick. Yesterday and today have been much different. He is not himself and you can visibly see how hard he is working to get air in. It breaks my heart. On top of that we are trying to juggle work schedules and everything else. This working mom thing is tough, and I am blessed to work only three days. I don't know how people do it full-time! As always, my venting always brings me back to realizing that GOD IS IN CONTROL! So, please pray with me that He will protect and heal Nathan. That tomorrow morning will bring a huge difference in his health and that we will finally turn the corner and Nathan can stay healthy for a while. I will try to update you later this week...no promises!
12 years ago


4 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry you have to go through that! Seeing your baby sick is so much worse than being sick yourself! I'll pray for him and for you! Poor little Punkins!!! Give him kisses from me!
I'm so sorry to hear your little boy is sick! Jordan has been sick for 3 weeks too! It's no fun at all! You can vent anytime!
Gosh, I am behind and owe you a phone call! I hope Nathan is improving by now. I am praying for you all!
Tracy
I hope Nathan has got to feeling better. I am seeing a lot of RSV babies lately, even on my "adolescent" floor
Post a Comment