Friday, November 5, 2010

Ready for predictability

This week brought, yet again, much change and uncertainty at work. I have again resumed the role of "lone employee" in my little office. Needless to say, it brings confusion and frustration, as well as peace and contentment. I am praying for the perfect candidate to walk into the scenario so the hiring process is quick and simple. I know...not likely and quite selfish.
Thankfully, things at home seem to finally be falling into a stage of normalcy. Paige got her first report card of the year and we had a teacher conference this week. We left with an incredible sense of pride for this young lady, who is learning to find her own place in this world. And that place seems to be following some big shoes with her love for reading, writing and the English language. (That's a shout-out for my English-Teaching-Father). The child is reading chapter books on her own and ASKS to do homework at night. I often think about posts I want to write about things I am learning from my kids, or the way God is breaking me to desire HIS heart. I want to be honest about the struggle of being a full-time mom and a full-time worker. I want to go into detail about the amazing peace I have about where He has me right now...even though I don't always understand, and I miss my family so much it hurts. So many things rush my mind...but I am too tired! The daily alarm clock at 5:15 and the constant running is wearing me down. The day is coming when all kids will go to bed at the same time...and I am dreading it. Samantha has dropped her early morning feeding. That was the last feeding that was 100% our time. I cried after 4 consistent days of her skipping it because I felt like I was missing out on bonding time. It just means that the evenings are that much more sacred now! I will leave you with some pictures of Halloween and a few randoms.

We began a new tradition at our house this year. I have never been a huge fan of Halloween. I don't mind letting the kids dress up and going to a few houses, but it's not something I get excited about. Our church does a Halloweenie Giveaway, and we decided to host. We gave away around 200 hotdogs to our neighbors. Our pastor and youth leader joined us and it was a great night! We are already getting big ideas for next year. God created us to live in community with one another. I admit that as much as I crave it, I am not great about creating it. I have been so focused on our little family lately that it was good to look outside these four walls. We met some neighbors and hopefully filled a few bellies!

0 comments: