Today was my 36 week appointment. I have been looking forward to this for a while, as I knew I would have an ultrasound and get some kind of information on our little flower. The plan has been to induce labor on or around 39 weeks, which is August 4. Anything early is good in my book, as I can no longer see my feet or feel them due to the severe swelling!
As the doctor began the ultrasound, the only sound I heard was her voice..."WOW!" Needless to say, I think she has finally accepted that I know my body and I know what happens when there is a baby in there...they grow...BIG!! Apparently our "little" flower is more like a full grown bouquet. Her head alone is measuring beyond 39 weeks, and is already in position. She is weighing in at 7 pounds 10 ounces, with technically 4 weeks left to incubate. Those details, along with the fact that I am 1 cm dilated and things are happening, convinced her that we can't wait much longer. I will have another ultrasound at my 38 week appointment and she will schedule my induction at that time. She doesn't want me going more than 38.4 weeks. So, it looks like we will be having a July baby after all!
That makes for a somewhat frantic house, as we figured we had a good 3-4 weeks left to get prepared. Mike is upstairs painting her room as I type. I have multiple lists scattered around the house of items to purchase and tasks to complete...all needing to be bumped up a week or two.
We've decided to have one last "Family of Four" adventure this weekend before our world is changed forever. We're headed to Charleston tomorrow for the weekend to enjoy our little family without distractions! Hopefully our bouquet will stay put until we return to our own county!
12 years ago


3 comments:
Wow! That is exciting! Have a great trip and can't wait to hear news of the new little one!
Yippee! Another grandbaby to love and spoil - from a distance. Guess what? You weighed 7'11" - so your LITTLE FLOWER will again be bigger than her Mommy was when Mommy was born. 28 days until we are with all of you, meet our new granddaughter and spend time in your new home! ! ! Love you dearly!
Post a Comment