This kid never ceases to amaze me! I was a little nervous that since I had picked her up on the first day it would be difficult to convince her to ride the bus. SURPRISE! When we talked about it last night, she was super excited!
Although the picture shows her all smiles...the bus did not provide the joy she was expecting. She said she cried for me because it was too noisy and it scared her. Poor baby! She sat in the very front seat (just like her Mama and Daddy suggested...way to go, our little "Type A" girl!) with two other girls...you can see them waving in the picture. She insisted that she was riding home in the car tomorrow.
Then at bedtime, the story changed. She is determined to ride the bus and said she'll be super brave! Now if I could just borrow some of her courage we'd be a great pair! I have been trying to get bedtime routine started at 7 and lights out by 7:30 since I get her up at 6:30. Tonight we ignored that plan because she was in a talkative mood. She and I laid in her bed talking for almost an hour. She spilled the beans on the two boys in class who don't like to listen, and get their bears moved to blue a lot. She proudly shared that she was chosen to be line leader today because she was being such a great listener. It was one of those magical moments of parenthood...she desired nothing more than to share her thoughts and feelings with me...her heart! She loved knowing that she had my undivided attention and that I truly cared. And I was in heaven! I sure hope she continues to share her life with me!
Yesterday, this arrived in the mail for Miss.Paige...

Is that the most adorable card ever?? Our friend Tracy (you must go check her out...she is amazingly talented and crafty!) MADE it and had it arrive just as she got home from her first day of Kindergarten. Not only does that little girl look like Paige, but she is holding a puppy (the #1 thing on Paige's wishlist these days) AND...it is a bookmark that she can use! Thank you, Tracy!! Not just for the card (although adorable and priceless), but for always loving Paige and making the extra effort to show her. She LOVED it!!


3 comments:
elissa! i can't believe you have a SCHOOL GIRL! and she's such a happy girl. happy first day of school, sweet paige! xoxo
Yeah Mr Postman!! I am so glad it got there on the right day! I've been thinking of you all as you go through this week. We love you guys!
Yeah Mr Postman!! I am so glad it got there on the right day! I've been thinking of you all as you go through this week. We love you guys!
Post a Comment