I suppose it is time for a far-stretching update...can you tell I've been avoiding it? I'm not really sure exactly why. I guess I have been trying to focus on things that will distract me from focusing on the BIG things, thus avoiding a post where I have to think, feel, write and express it all.
I posted a while back about the possibility of me returning to full-time work in adoption. We both agreed that pursuing the job would be in our best interest for many reasons. I had a phone interview while I was in New York and will hopefully hear one way or another next week. It amazes me how God works on your heart when you are willing to allow Him. Once I started praying for wisdom regarding the job (whether to interview, if it was the right time, should I remain home, etc.) I have been at such peace with the process. I don't want a job. I most certainly was not out looking for a job. Yet, this possibility was dropped in my lap (AGAIN!!) and we knew I needed to entertain it. Since that decision to simply walk through the door we felt God had opened, I have actually begun to be excited about the prospect. My heart is still holding tight to the idea of being home with my kids, but I am accepting that my plans are not always God's plans. And I know that, given a choice, my plans are never the better of the two! So, we wait!
Michael has reached an all-time low in regards to frustration at work. I will keep it simple and say that the company seems to have skipped all basic business courses in terms of how one should be run. There is no one in charge, no system in place for any day-to-day activities and it is bedlam! He is giving it all he's got, but it is just not working! We are in prayer about his next step. Obviously, the outcome of my potential job impacts his next step greatly. He has decided it is time to go back to school, no matter who is working where. So we are researching programs and trying to make some decisions before the term starts. Many things hinge on my potential job, so...we wait!
Paige will begin Kindergarten on August 24! We went to registration last week and she is beyond excited! She didn't want to leave the school. I am having what I hope to be typical "Mommy Heart Syndrome" (MHS...maybe I should patent that and make millions?). I am nervous and anxious to send her into this new world. A world where not all young children have been taught to be kind. A world where not all teachers jump out of bed each morning excited to greet their young scholars. A world where some bus drivers don't always get their stops right during the first week of school. A world where innocence and sweetness don't always take you very far. At the same time, I watch her and I see it. I see a young mind ready to be challenged by new things and stretch to new limits. I see her huge heart that is ready to welcome new experiences and maybe even ready for the bruises that will inevitably occur. I see a new level of independence and pride that will drive her forward, and that allows me to know she will be OK. Not just OK...she will succeed. As Dr.Seuss said..."Kid, you'll move mountains!" That is 11 days away, which to a five-year-old seems like an eternity, so...we wait!
Waiting is not a new concept to the Viele family, right? If you look at previous blogs you'll notice it has been a theme for quite some time. The difference is that through the waiting, we have learned what to wait for. We're not looking for the perfect job or the best house. We don't expect that all of our dreams will happen and fall perfectly into place. We are waiting in the Lord. We are waiting on HIS timing. We are waiting to see HIS plan unfold for our family. What amazes me is the joy that can be found during that time. If I have learned one thing over this past year it is to be present in my waiting. Not to be so focused on the waiting that it becomes who you are. To be thankful for TODAY...the life we have today...the health we have today...the love we have today...the relationships we have TODAY! Sure I hope for great things for my family and I want to see God work in mighty ways through us. But if today is as good as it gets...I am totally blessed!
12 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment