Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A satisfied shopper!

To most of you this picture seems quite pointless, right? Let me explain the joy that comes from seeing this shot! These are the two items I have been searching endlessly for since Nate turned one in February.

The first item..."THE SNACK TRAP!!!" Some of you have these. Amanda, I should have taken your suggestion when Paige was a baby. This silly little cup is nothing but a snack cup with handles, yet the lid makes it a pure miracle! It has a flexible opening so little hands can reach in, get their own snack, yet not spill the crumbs all over the floor. Why can't I invent something so simple, yet ingenious? After looking in countless stores between NY and SC...I finally ordered it online...two actually! They arrived and snack time has been calm and stress-free!
Item #2...SNEAKERS!!! Nathan has the biggest feet of any little guy I've ever seen. Not only are they long, but they are wider than my own feet. He has rarely worn shoes because we have a hard time finding ones that are wide enough. Early in the summer I came across a pair of sandals at Kmart that were wide. The poor kid has worn them EVERYWHERE!! Knowing that there is a Striderite at the nearby Outlet stores, the family made the journey to see what we could find. The first thing we discovered is that the size 6 shoe we have been cramming on his foot is way too small...the kid needs a 7.5!!! He is also lingering somewhere between a wide and an extra-wide. Sorry Nate for making your feet miserable all of this time! Sadly for him, there aren't many one year olds that need a 7.5 xx-wide, so the selection is limited. He now owns his first pair of sneakers that fit! Boy does he love them! He runs around the house like he just discovered his feet!


0 comments: